Re: [Tinycc-devel] Extension to C language

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Extension to C language
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 14:32:53 +0200

Le mercredi 30 mai 2012 07:53:04, Paulo Henrique Torrens a écrit :

[SNIP]

> I remembered something now. I have implemented the decimal floating point
> types (_Decimal32, _Decimal64, _Decimal128,
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_754-2008,
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.2.4/gcc/Decimal-Float.html) and the
> fixed point types (_Accum and _Fract,
> http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg14/www/docs/n1169.pdf,
> http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/FixedPointArithmetic) on my C compiler (although
> they are an ISO extension and of the embedded C standard)... since I plan
> on encouraging the use of TCC for bootstrap, I volunteer to implement
> those on TCC if Grishka/Thomas/etc think it would be useful. :)

You really want grischka's opinion here. He is the maintainer of tinycc, I'm
just submitting a few patch according to bug report I have in Debian. I'm not
involved enough to pretend influencing the direction tcc should take.

Anyway, thanks for all the patch which will flow in tcc. It's good to see
activity here and on mob.

Best regards,

Thomas Preud'homme