Re: [Tinycc-devel] Support arm hardfloat calling convention

From: Daniel Glöckner
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Support arm hardfloat calling convention
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 21:51:27 +0200

Hi Thomas,

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 03:42:47PM +0200, Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
> I added support for arm hardfloat calling convention (standard variant in
> AAPCS) and I would appreciate some feedback on the patch.

there I was thinking that no one (including myself) would ever be able
to understand (again) what was going on in arm-gen.c's gfunc_call.
But then you come along adding another ~130 lines to that function.

So I have reviewed all but gfunc_call and couldn't find anything that
looked wrong. You also appear to have thought of all corner cases I
came up with. I even found a bug in clang while doing so (doesn't stop
back-filling when the stack is touched).

When I first tried to compile the code, it crashed all the time
because I added -DTCC_ARM_HARDFLOAT to arm-vfp-tcc while your code
needs -DTCC_ARM_EABI to function correctly.

I didn't try to run the code. I don't have a system with hard float
userland to test on.

In my opinion you should just push it to the mob branch.

  Daniel