Re: [Tinycc-devel] Bug: malloc + function returning double + comparison

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Bug: malloc + function returning double + comparison between doubles
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 01:04:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012, Daniel Glöckner wrote:

Compiler generated calls have been chosen to allow the use of libgcc_s.so.1 on ARM EABI and OABI. It is needed for divisions, 64-bit shifts, and some floating point conversion. One day we might also support devices without floating point hardware/emulator, where we could use the EABI soft float functions already contained in libgcc. I also added a configure option --with-libgcc to make TinyCC automatically link to libgcc_s.so.1 instead of libtcc1.a.

If we now start to supply a libtcc1.a that does not include the functions from libgcc_s.so.1, we need to link to two libraries.

But that's no problem, is it? Alternatively alloca could be expanded inline at a (small) code size cost, but I think a libtcc1.a makes sense even when using libgcc_s (the former being the tinycc internals libs, the latter being a conveniently supported 3rd party lib).

Ciao,
Michael.