Re: [Tinycc-devel] error parsing function-pointer type to va_arg

From: Stephan Beal
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] error parsing function-pointer type to va_arg
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 01:12:49 +0200

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Rob <address@hidden> wrote:
Although the C-standard says that it's implementation defined for converting
between function pointers and non-function pointers.

To go back to that point for a moment. Yes, it makes me sick to see that in any code, but the sqlite code is much older than my involvement in it (i wasn't committing to it until about... 7 hours ago). i.e. i haven't been on the team long enough to influence that type of change (but i have a long history in DRH's[1] Fossil SCM project, which is what got me involved in the sqlite4 effort). Once i get more familiar with the code i will be proposing "properly portable" impls for that type of thing, where feasible given the constraints of sqlite. One of the big advantages here is that v4 doesn't have many compatibility constraints so far..

Happy Hacking!

[1] = D. Richard Hipp, author of sqlite.

--
----- stephan beal
http://wanderinghorse.net/home/stephan/