Re: [Tinycc-devel] x32 ABI

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] x32 ABI
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 14:31:11 +0200

Le samedi 7 juillet 2012 14:11:22, Robert Clausecker a écrit :
> Have a look at this website: https://sites.google.com/site/x32abi/

Thanks. For those interested, here are the direct links [x32abi-html][x32abi-
pdf]

[x32abi-html]
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnx4MzJhYml8Z3g6NDkwNjg2NzcxMmViMjAzYw
[x32abi-pdf]
https://sites.google.com/site/x32abi/documents/abi.pdf?attredirects=0&d=1

To make it faster to implement I was thinking about just support the calling
convention but compile code into x86-64 instructions if it's practical. I
think speed is not a major concern when compiling with tcc (there is gcc or
llvm for this) hence this should be fine.

However this is just words for the moment, as I said I will not be able to
work on it before at least several month (3 but probably more).

Best regards,

Thomas Preud'homme