[Tinycc-devel] tcc_relocate() and tcc_relocate_ex()

From: Sean Conner
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] tcc_relocate() and tcc_relocate_ex()
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 11:52:35 -0400

I have some existing code that used the stock TCC 0.9.25 distribution.  I
was happy to find http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git as it fixed some problems I
had with stock TCC 0.9.25.

But I was surprised that the API for tcc_relocate() was modified (and the
log didn't reveal why the change happened) and that the change not only
broke my existing code, but fixing my code to match the current definition
of tcc_relocate() was out of the question (the surrounding code manages the
lifetime of both the TCCState and the resulting executable code compiled
into memory).

To fix the problem, I patched the current version of TCC to promote
tcc_relocate_ex() (which matches the original 0.9.25 behavior) to a public
function.  Yes, I won't be able to use SELINUX, but that wasn't an issue
with me.

I tried following the directions to push my changes back into the mob
branch, but the directions are a bit vague and they didn't work for me.
Attached is an email patch.

  -spc (For the curious, I made a Lua module for TCC, and it's Lua that
        manages the memory for my application)