Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc_relocate() and tcc_relocate_ex()

From: Sean Conner
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc_relocate() and tcc_relocate_ex()
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2012 04:50:02 -0400

It was thus said that the Great Thomas Preud'homme once stated:

> Indeed, I agree the commit message is not very verbose as to the reason of
> the
> change. For people interested, the said commit is
> 8bbde91f62291cb0383c2406ae6123be903c944b
>
> That said, the change of API seems clearly intentional, as if 0.9.25's
> behavior had a fundamental problem. Thus, I'm reluctant to apply your patch
> right now. Grishka, could you tell us the context behind this revert?

  I don't think 0.9.25 had problems, since currently, tcc_relocate() calls
tcc_relocate_ex() (if HAVE_SELINUX is not defined).  The only thing I can
think of is that a significant amount of code expected the 0.9.24 version of
tcc_relocate() and it was easier to change 0.9.25 than to change the
existing code, but that's just conjecture on my part.

  -spc (I did try to keep the patch as simple and isloated as possible)