Re: [Tinycc-devel] removing -Wno-unused-result on gcc < 4.4

From: robotux
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] removing -Wno-unused-result on gcc < 4.4
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 10:52:33 +0100

On Wed, 14 Nov 2012 17:57:54 -0500, Milutin Jovanović wrote:
I just committed a fix where the -Wno-unused-result is added only on
gcc >= 4.4. Without it, the build is broken on systems with older
compilers.

fix:

http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commit/e79c3533ecefd004daad8a27333582b2dad7f0b0
[1]

Thomas Preud'homme, since you introduced this option in your commit
(below), I'd appreciate your comment if omitting the option has any
side-effects that I am not aware of.

http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commit/061b5799cc1feb15014da589ea98057deda14a23
[2]

You did well. The only side effect could be extra warnings. Do you have a link to check in which gcc version was an option added?

Miki.

Best regards,

Thomas