Re: [Tinycc-devel] Regression on ARM

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Regression on ARM
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 20:36:08 +0100

Kirill Smelkov wrote:
Maybe yes, but that filter-outs and a lot of ifdefs inside tcc sources
looks not so good to me. ...

I agree that it looks horrible.  Plus there is still the comment

  # these should work too
  # TESTS += test1 test2 speedtest btest weaktest

which doesn't make any sense if you read through the tests/makefile
how it is now.

Anyway, test1 and test2 are part of test3, speedtest is non-obvious
number spam, btest is not a feature that we can't recommend to use
really (at least as long as tcc -btest tcc.c doesn't produce anything
useful), and I don't understand the extra weaktest since it is in
tcctest.c also.

So I'd vote to step back to just

        TESTS = test3 libtest

which would get rid of filter-out's, lots of the ugly := operators
and most platform trouble at the same time.  Just my 2 cents... ;)

--- grischka