Re: [Tinycc-devel] Call for testing

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Call for testing
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 12:08:26 +0100

Le dimanche 6 janvier 2013 09:36:05, Aharon Robbins a écrit :
> Hi Thomas.
>
> TCC on the mob branch has progressed quite a lot.  I use it for testing
> compilation of gawk (GNU Awk). It is quite fast, which is a significant
> pleasure compared to gcc or clang.  The released version did compile
> gawk but many tests would fail.
>
> I use it on x86_64 Linux.  All of the tests compile, but there is a known
> issue with relocations when building shared libraries such that two of
> the tests based on shared libraries fail.
>
> I personally would love to see that issue fixed before a release, but I
> understand that it may not happen.  If you wish to test:
>
>       git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/gawk.git
>       cd gawk
>       ./configure CC=tcc && make && make check

Yes, this bug is on my radar but I don't plan to work on it for 0.9.26. I'd
love to see it fixed but since it's not a regression (it wasn't working with
0.9.25 neither) I prefer to not delay the release further. This release cycle
has been very long and I think it's better to get it release as soon as
possible. I should have mention that my focus is on regressions. Be sure
though that it's high on my TODO list for 0.9.27.

> Thanks,
>
> Arnold Robbins

Thanks Arnold.

Thomas