Re: [Tinycc-devel] Call for testing

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Call for testing
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:01:08 +0100

Le 14 janv. 2013 à 17:55, "Thomas Preud'homme" <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Hi Akim,

Hi Thomas,

If there were other messages for me, I might have missed them :(

> Can you explain me what is the purpose of second part of the sed command used
> to create symlink to Makefile: s,[^/]*/,../,g

The thing is that "cp 1/2 3/4/" and "ln 1/2 3/4/" have nothing
in common: in the "ln" case, it is equivalent to "cd 3/4 && ln 1/2 .".
Absolute paths are resolved from the destination, not from the
current directory.  So if I mean to "ln 1/2 3/4/" in the way cp
does, I need to "ln ../../1/2 3/4/".

> I'm trying to build from tmp/tcc-builddir while the source are in tmp/tcc.
> The
> first part of the sed command correctly transform "../tcc/./" into ../tcc/
> but
> then the second part change it into ../../
>
> I suppose that was not the intended behavior but I don't see what was
> expected.

This is the kind of things that Autoconf provides bullet proof :(
I don't know why there is the trailing "./", I guess it should
suffice to "cleanup" the directories first, i.e., removing things
like "./".