Re: [Tinycc-devel] Segmentation Faults and test failures on ARM (Raspbia

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Segmentation Faults and test failures on ARM (Raspbian/Raspberry Pi)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 00:02:50 +0100

Le dimanche 27 janvier 2013 15:59:48, Thomas Preud'homme a écrit :
> Le dimanche 27 janvier 2013 15:52:55, vous avez écrit :
> > I can get a core file,but it is not very informative, at least to me. The
> > backtrace is only 3 entries, in hex, then a message duplicate
> > entries,possible stack corruption. This is what I got last night, need to
> > try again after the clone -mob.  Anything I can do to get symbolic or
> > additional info into the core file when the seg fault occurs?
>
> Got the same thing here and I don't understand why there is no debugging
> info. Probably because it happens in the program, contrary to what I
> thought. I added a printf just before the main of the program compiled is
> run and it's systematically displayed but any printf in the test itself is
> not displayed. So the crash happens in the very first instructions of the
> compiled program. I'll try to dump the main into a file and maybe I will
> be able to see a problem. What puzzles me is that it's random while the
> code generated should be always the same. I thought about an alignment
> problem but all run are aligned the same way (on 4 bytes while it should
> be 8 bytes).

Ok, I think I have something. It seems sometime the relocation gets wrong and
thus calling a printf leads in the middle of nowhere, hence the segfault. I
can't continue now but if I'm right, expect a fix tomorrow night or the day
after (I'm not sure I'll have internect connectivity tomorrow).

> I have to leave now but I'll keep you informed. About the symlinks, I'll
> download a rasbian image and look how the FS is done.

Not done yet but it should be easy.

Best regards,

Thomas