Re: [Tinycc-devel] Changelog: call for update before release

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Changelog: call for update before release
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 20:00:59 +0100

Le mercredi 30 janvier 2013 19:00:43, grischka a écrit :

> I did some cleanup.  The idea is to make Changelog more interesting
> and readable to the user.

Much better indeed. Thanks.

> Also I made some few other changes.  Please re-test configure and build.
> Also with cross-compilers (configure --enable-cross) and the Out-of-tree
> build (../tinycc/configure [--enable-cross])

Out-of-tree works with and without cross-compilation thanks to the just pushed
patch ;)

With regards to the line CPPFLAGS = -I$(TOP) added in Makefile, if it's
necessary to compile, then there will be a problem whenever someone build with
make CPPFLAGS = foo as it will override CPPFLAGS. CPPFLAGS += doesn't work
either in that case. I thought about using override but then you need to use
override everytime you want to modify it. Since this line is the only one to
set the CPPFLAGS, maybe override can be used. What do you think?

> Anyway, Thomas, if your schedule allows, I'd just wait a week now for
> things to settle down.

I was enthousiast about releasing tomorrow or friday but if you think it's
best let's wait next wednesday. It'll give more time for people to show up and
tell what changes they forgot to put in the Changelog.

> Thanks,
>
> --- grischka

Best regards,

Thomas