[Tinycc-devel] ABI compatibility

From: James Lyon
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] ABI compatibility
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 19:32:47 +0100

Hi,

I've been trying to use TCC as an embedded C compiler (instead of using GCC and dlopen/LoadLibrary). I ran into a few ABI compatibility issues (on Linux (x86-64), Win32 and Win64), basically to do with the way TCC passes and returns structs/unions. It seems that TCC generally expects that structs are passed and returns on the stack or via pointers, and on these 3 platforms it is also possible that they will be packed into registers. Anyway, I've also been working on fixing these problems and Linux (x86-64) and Win32 appear to work (at least, they pass the tests I'm using). Anyway, I'm really just emailing to say hello and start towards hopefully getting this stuff merged in.

James