Re: [Tinycc-devel] RE :Re: ARM code generator / ARM tiny C compiler

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] RE :Re: ARM code generator / ARM tiny C compiler
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 16:16:15 +0200

Le jeudi 25 avril 2013 16:05:24, Christian JULLIEN a écrit :
> Wouah!
> Do you mean you're implementing eabi_xxxx functions for ARM (such as div
> and mod ?) Total respect!!

Yes but I'm not trying to make the fastest implementation possible. I do try
however to not suck too much. Eventually I'll try to do the one for float but
that's much more work.

> I started to find a fast algo for div then tried to figure out how to
> implement this in assembler and found it's a real pain.

There is the one from libgcc that could be used but I don't think the license
is compatible with the one of tcc.

> I understand why your progress it is very (very) slow.

Honestly the real reason I'm slow is that I didn't spend much time on it.

> I you like, I have some C functions that do part of the job (such as
> decoding IEEE), I'll be glad to send you my work.

Yes, that would help.

> Christian

Best regards,

Thomas