[Tinycc-devel] Relicensing TinyCC

From: grischka
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Relicensing TinyCC
Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 23:49:07 +0200

Hi all,

It has been discussed already on this list whether it would be
good to relicense TinyCC under a more permissive BSD-like license.

The discussion started here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2013-04/msg00052.html

Opinions varied but mostly were positive so it appears to
be worth to start the process and see how far we can get.

For that purpose I've committed a new file RELICENSING with the
suggested new license clause and a list for people to confirm
their agreement (or disagreement).

http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/e6704355000425e9

If you have contributed to TinyCC in the past, in particular if
you are one of the copyright owners for an entire file, please
add yourself to that file (rsp. replace the question mark) and
then commit to the "mob" brancn with log message:

     Relicensing TinyCC

Suggestions or concerns wrt. the procedure are welcome, also.

Thanks,

--- grischka