[Tinycc-devel] argument length limt for scripts?

From: Stevie G. Messervey
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] argument length limt for scripts?
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 11:41:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
  First, thank you for all the hard work you've put into tcc! I really enjoy
working with it!

I am running into problems with scripts that include a lot of dynamic link
libraries.
Here is an example of my shebang line that causes problems:

#!/usr/local/bin/tcc -run -Iinclude -Llib -lccgi -luuid -lgmp -lcrypt -lsqlite3
-lmagic -lgd -lcurl -lquickmail -lgif -lfoo   -lbar

Take note the space between -lfoo and -lbar; if there is only a single space
between
-lfoo and -lbar, tcc complains it cannot find -lb.
With the space between them, the script (and tcc) just hangs - the process is
visible via ps,
it just seems to do nothing.

This leads me to believe there is some limit on the number of arguments parsed
by
libtcc, or a limit on the number of libaries to linked.

tl;dr: my long shebang line causes tcc to hang.

I tried going through the sources, but I am a mediocre programmer at best-
a quick glance through the sources didn't reveal (to me) any sort of line limit.

Is there a way to fix this?

envrionment:
  tcc versions: 0.9.25 & 0.9.26
  os: CentOS 5.9 x86 (GNU/Linux 32 bit) (also tested on debian 6.0.6 x86)

  hardware: i386/i686 SMTP (dual processor)

Thank you for your time,
  Steve