Re: [Tinycc-devel] Recent changes segfault on Linux ARM

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Recent changes segfault on Linux ARM
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 20:07:46 +0200

Le jeudi 6 juin 2013 06:37:39, Christian Jullien a écrit :

> Hi all,

> Is someone working on this issue?

> Raspberry Pi is still broken (tested with last night commit)

> ret_double_test... success

> ret_longdouble_test... success

> ret_2float_test... Segmentation fault

I started looking into this and know what is the problem. Basically gfunc_sret in arm-gen.c is incomplete and thus the struct is returned on stack instead of via registers. Fixing the function is easy but making sure tcc stores all the structure in the right registers is not. I'm thinking about supporting better the overlap of float registers (s0, d0, q0 for instance). I'll continue to think about how to do it the best way.

> Christian

Best regards,

Thomas