Re: [Tinycc-devel] Fastest TCC version

From: Armin Steinhoff
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Fastest TCC version
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 22:26:25 +0200

Hi,

that's what we do with DACHSview++ :

we build our C applications as a small main module and a bunch of submodules. We compile and place the submodule objects in a shared object (DLL) and
JIT compile the small main module and link it dynamically against the shared lib of the sub modules.

IMHO ... that's the best way to run/import big applications with the JIT compiler.

Regards

--Armin

http://www.steinhoff-automation.com/DACHSview-SDL_E.pdf

Sherjil Ozair wrote:
Thanks for the reply Daniel.

Yes, I know. Asking for faster compile-time is strange, but my application is also as strange. I'm generating lots of programs dynamically, and then running them, and I need to do this for millions of programs. The programs however are very simple, and do not take advantage of any obscure C features. Thus, what I want is, some compiler which is extremely fast compile-time, even if it implements only a few features of the language. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Sherjil