[Tinycc-devel] Troubles to compile a file using libtcc

From: Romain ...
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Troubles to compile a file using libtcc
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 22:03:51 +0200

Hi !

I have some troubles with compiling a file using libtcc. I've already
programmed some tools using libtcc in the past, but using previous version
of the tcc compiler. So, today, i've seen that an update was avaliable, so
that i downloaded it.

But, i can't compile any file, including the ``tcc_example.c'', using
either gcc or tcc, and linking with ``libttc1.a''. I get the following
error message when I try to compile, using tcc, and the message I get is
about the same using gcc :

  C:\Users\XXXX\Desktop\tcc\examples>tcc libtcc_test.c -o libtcc_test.exe
 -ltcc1

  tcc: error: undefined symbol 'tcc_new'
  tcc: error: undefined symbol 'tcc_set_lib_path'
  tcc: error: undefined symbol 'tcc_set_output_type'
  tcc: error: undefined symbol 'tcc_compile_string'
  tcc: error: undefined symbol 'tcc_add_symbol'
  tcc: error: undefined symbol 'tcc_relocate'
  tcc: error: undefined symbol 'tcc_get_symbol'
  tcc: error: undefined symbol 'tcc_delete'

  C:\Users\XXX\Desktop\tcc\examples>

I thought that i'd forgotten to link with another lib, but it's
obsviously not true. Because, as far as I know, the linker would not
output that functions suposed to be defined in the lib are undefined.
Thus, i think this is probably a bug. Or maybe I'm just wrong... don't
know :)

Hope that will help , (and that you'll be able to help me)

Thanks in advance

DarkBatcher