Re: [Tinycc-devel] TinyC configuration on WinXP

From: James Lyon
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] TinyC configuration on WinXP
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 20:37:22 +0100

It appears to add CPATH and C_INCLUDE_PATH to the header search path and LIBRARY_PATH to the linker search. I've not used this mechanism though.

However, this isn't the how the default include directories are found. You can control them through the -B switch on the command line and on Windows it looks in {base}/include and {base}/include/winapi (at least, in my version) if you set -B{base} on the command line. If you don't pass a -B option on the command line it uses the location of tcc.exe to guess what {base} is.

On Linux the -B switch also exists but what it does is a bit different. tcc only expects to find the compiler specific headers like stdarg.h by this method, and the path is fixed as is usual for Linux programs. These are the headers under PREFIX/lib/tcc/include mentioned in the docs.

Basically, the documentation doesn't describe the situation on Windows, where the installation directory is used to find the headers. Use -B if you need to change this for any reason.