[Tinycc-devel] Implementing packed attribute

From: Jens Nyberg
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Implementing packed attribute
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 01:18:39 +0200

Hi!

I would like to know if there is anyone working on adding the
__attribute__((packed)) to tcc? I read in the TODO file that this is
one of the missing features and it is actually a thing I want to use.

I'm thinking of giving it a go implementing it myself but I would like
to know if I have at least understood the basics on how tcc operates.

I looked in the function parse_attribute() and saw that the ad->packed
is set to one which I assume sets the packed attribute so at least it
seems to be recognized and not ignored.

I also looked in struct_decl(). There is a condition there that checks
if ad->packed is set and if it is it will set align = 1.

Now this is where I'm getting a bit lost. Am I on the right track? If
anyone could tell me what I would need to modify further I would
appreciate it. I assume this is not a trivial task since it has not
been implemented but any information I get the easier it would be for
me to get started.

Thanks

Jens