[Tinycc-devel] Perl bindings for libtcc available on Linux and Windows.

From: David Mertens
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Perl bindings for libtcc available on Linux and Windows. Mac help?
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 23:00:04 -0400

Hey everyone -

Following up on an email I sent earlier today, I now (as of 30 minutes ago) have viable Perl bindings for libtcc for both Linux and Windows. The project is being developed under one of my Github repos. The collection of modules provides a system for intelligently including code, symbols, and other things into a compiler state, or even modifying the source before compiling it. A recent and important addition is TCC::Callable, which lets you call C functions directly from Perl. I know there is a more efficient way to do this, but I'll wrestle with the Perl/C interface after this whole thing is really up and running.

Getting this to work on Linux was relatively painless and Windows wasn't much harder, either. The trouble spot has been Mac, since I don't know a ton about linking, or specifically how to link against the static library that gets produced as libtcc.a. If anybody could give me some guidance, or perhaps help revise TCC's Mac build to produce a dylib, I'd be in better shape there. If all goes well, I may also produce Alien::TCC, which would help propogate TCC by allowing me to list it as a Perl dependency.

If any Mac experts could help with libtcc, that'd be great. If any Perl experts could help further develop the distribution, that would be much appreciated, too.

Thanks!
David