[Tinycc-devel] First build reports back for Alien::TinyCC

From: David Mertens
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] First build reports back for Alien::TinyCC
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 14:54:57 -0400

Hello everyone -

Useful build reports are coming in. Apparently the recipe is the main culprit at the moment, but I wanted to draw attention to a few things.

BSD needs gmake for tcc's makefile
========
OpenBSD -- http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/bbabfece-0b9e-11e3-8a37-e2882d12fa71

It looks like I need to tweak my build system and be sure to use gmake instead of plain old make on BSD systems. I'll modify the make system accordingly and we'll see how that goes.

Uncertain Mac Builds
========
Report: http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/a8cee68e-0b9b-11e3-aead-6690681aeb38

I'm not sure what's going on here. This is the only person reporting on Mac builds so far, and the error is always the same. I'm not sure if the problem is due to a strange setup on this person's machine, or if it's a more general problem.

A particular surprise is that we're passing on an OS that describes itself as "Debian GNU/kFreeBSD". Never heard of that!. Anyway, I'll keep everyone posted as I refine the recipe.

David