Re: [Tinycc-devel] Successful Configure/Build, No Output

From: Cayce Pollard
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Successful Configure/Build, No Output
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 13:32:55 -0500

I have not encountered trouble on my Mac or Linux box with the configure script.

Are *no* object files being produced at all? Does uname -m report i386, or one of x86_64 or amd64? I'm mostly thinking aloud, but I wonder if the build setup might get confused and assume you're building a cross-compiler.

David

To answer your two questions, *no* object files being produced at all, and uname -m reports x86_64.

Also, and I don't know if this is relevant but I'm grasping at straws already, I'm building tcc with a toolchain built using the make-standalone-toolchain.sh script from the Android NDK as I'm building tcc for the Android platform (specifically my device).  The toolchain worked on CentOS 6.2, but because I also wanted to build gcc for Android *and* because the glibc version in 6.2 is incompatible with the toolchain, I moved to 5.9.  I could quit trying to build tcc, but I'm thinking that whatever is preventing tcc from building may cause the same or similar problems when I start on gcc.

This is _probably_ unrelated, but i saw a very similar behaviour in the
Google v8 source tree when building on Mint Linux a year or so ago (IIRC,
Mint is related to Cent?). The problem only arose on that platform, and i
assume it was a bug in one of the core tools they had shipped, but i cannot
speculate what that might have been. It was darned weird. David's
suggestion/hypotheses sounds as good as any to me

Actually CentOS is the consumer version of RHEL; from what I understand you go with CentOS if you want a RHEL box but can't afford the enterprise price tag.  But I'll search for issues like the one you mentioned for CentOS 5.9...maybe there's a similar bug.

If anyone else has any suggestions or theories, please feel free to chime in.