Re: [Tinycc-devel] Error Compiling SCM: Error Include signal.h

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Error Compiling SCM: Error Include signal.h
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 15:38:38 +0200

Le dimanche 1 septembre 2013 15:16:19 Cayce Pollard a écrit :
> Now I need help.
> After not being able to get 'make install' working after unpacking the
> tarball I'd created (this is all on my NookHD BTW), I copied the files in
> the extracted directory to the install locations (/usr/bin, /usr/lib,
> /usr/include).  I tried to make SCM again and still got the error:
>  scm.c:24: error: include file signal.h not found.
>
> This may be an obvious question but I'm new to building/compiling:  If I
> link the header files in the error during tcc build, would that fix the
> problem?

You can't link a header. A header is included inside another file (either
another header or a source file). It's the role of the preprocessor to do this
and usually the preprocessor is run by the compiler. Hence, once the header
are in place you need to rerun the compiler for it to work. I hope I
understood your situation correctly.

> If so, I thought that including the necessary paths for
> ./configure when building  tcc...by using the --sysroot=$SYSROOT (with the
> correct sysroot in the variable) or --libpaths or --sysincludepaths would
> take care of this.  If they don't...what do those configure options do?

So you want to compile tcc with the android cross compiler and then run that
compiled tcc on your android device right? I'm not very familiar with android
yet so can you tell me where are libraries, header files etc… on your android
device?

Best regards,

Thomas