Re: [Tinycc-devel] library search path

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] library search path
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 15:47:37 +0200

Le lundi 9 septembre 2013 15:20:52 Vittorio Giovara a écrit :
> Hello,
> I'm trying to use tcc to compile my application but I get linking
> errors because of conflicting directories.
> In my current setup I have the main source file in the source root and
> then a few libraries inside subfolders.
> At link time I pass -Lsubfolder -lthelib as first arguments.
> Everything goes smooth if I run this in a clean install.
> However if I have libthelib.a in one of the default search path (eg in
> /usr/local/lib) the local one will not be picked, and instead the one
> present in the default search path will be linked.
> I fear that tcc is not respecting the user library search order, but I
> found no flags that allow modifying it.

Indeed. Tcc add directories to search for libraries at the end of the existing
list. Since there is only one global list, they are searched after the default
directories. What should be done is to separate search path between default
and non default like is done for includes. Search path need to be added in
order (think -Ldir1 -Ldir2) but user provided path should be searched first.

This should be an easy patch so if somebody is looking for a way to contribute
to tcc that's a good way to start.

> Can anyone help me in this problem?
> Thank you,
> Vittorio