Re: [Tinycc-devel] libtcc name mangling

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] libtcc name mangling
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 14:13:29 +0200

Gabriel Corneanu wrote:
Hello again,

First thanks to grischka for previous quick fix.
Now I have another small issue; using "stdcall" always generate some name mangling for function names, in libtcc.c line ~499. It ignores the "leading_underscore" option, which is otherwise respected a few lines below (512). The effect is, a stdcall function can not be found via tcc_get_symbol (as written before, I'm calling functions directly) without knowing the mangling scheme.

Is there any reason for this name mangling? Because fastcall/regparm doesn't produce any mangling, although they might also use stack just like stdcall. As I'm using it from Pascal(Delphi), regparm(3) is actually better, but it still seems inconsistent.

Main goal with name decoration is that DLL symbols are the same
as with MSC or GCC (MINGW).

However, for fastcall/regparm decorations no code was added to TCC
by anyone so far AFAIK. (IOW not implemented)

--- grischka

Regards,
Gabriel