[Tinycc-devel] Error: File crti.o/crt1.o Not Found and No Function Renam

From: Cayce Pollard
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Error: File crti.o/crt1.o Not Found and No Function Renaming
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 18:43:14 -0500

I'm once again testing a build of tcc on my device by compiling SCM.  Determined to get this working

/home/kbox/devel/scm $ tcc -vv scm.c
tcc version 0.9.26 (ARM Linux)
tcc: error: file 'crt1.o' not found
tcc: error: file 'crti.o' not found
-> scm.c
-> /usr/include/signal.h
->  /usr/include/sys/cdefs.h
->   /usr/include/sys/cdefs_elf.h
In file included from scm.c:24:
In file included from /usr/include/signal.h:31:
/usr/include/sys/cdefs.h:252: error: #error "No function renaming possible"
/home/kbox/devel/scm $

1) There are crt* files on my device, but they are not crt1.o or crti.o.  When building tcc for my device, I specified the crt location and included  crtbegin_dynamic and crtend_android to --extra-ldflags during configure.  Why is tcc complaining about crti.o and crt1.o?

2) Is there a way to indicate to cdefs.h that compiler implements C99 without editing cdefs.h?