Re: [Tinycc-devel] Error: File crti.o/crt1.o Not Found and No Function R

From: Cayce Pollard
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Error: File crti.o/crt1.o Not Found and No Function Renaming
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 20:46:07 -0500

On Sep 19, 2013 5:39 PM, "Cayce Pollard" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Thomas Preud'homme <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Le mardi 17 septembre 2013 12:22:03 Cayce Pollard a écrit :
>> > Read

> *snip*

>> Yes, see below.
>>

>> > EDIT:  After reading more at the link above...and in the android
>> > toolchain's linker options, I'm not sure if the above is possible.  I'm 95%
>> > sure I need dynamic linking to libc because I'm running the generated
>> > binary in KBOX with libfakechroot, so I need the -Bdynamic option.
>>
>> You can put both -Bdynamic and -Bstatic in a command line. According to ld's
>> manual, these options affects library searching with -l options which follows
>> it. Which means if you do -Bdynamic -lfoo -lbar -Bstatic -lbaz libfoo and
>> libbar will be dynamically linked and libbaz will be statically linked.
>

> Done.  Have configured and built and will test on device.
>>

>> > I can include -L/foo/bar/path/to/libgcc.a -lgcc, but I'm guessing  it won't
>> > work with -Bdynamic.  I've run configure with those options && make -d
>> > anyway just to see what happens.
>>
>> -L takes as a parameter a directory containing libraries. You should either
>> specify libgcc.a as an input file (as you would for a .o, .s or .c file) or use
>> -Bstatic (or variants of this option) to load libgcc as static.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Thomas

Unfortunately this did work.  For some reason I'm getting this error:

Putting child 0x5adb0 (scmlit) PID 21219 on the chain.
Live child 0x5adb0 (scmlit) PID 21219
tcc: error: file '/project/arm-cc/sysroot/lib//libgcc_s.so.1' not found
tcc: error: undefined symbol 'errno'
tcc: error: undefined symbol '__divsi3'
tcc: error: undefined symbol '__modsi3'
tcc: error: undefined symbol '__aeabi_uidiv'
tcc: error: undefined symbol '__aeabi_uidivmod'
tcc: error: undefined symbol '__aeabi_idiv'
tcc: error: undefined symbol '__aeabi_idivmod'

This is after specifying -Bstatic for libgcc and -Bdynamic for libc and libm.

Headed back to check documentation...