Re: [Tinycc-devel] Error: File crti.o/crt1.o Not Found and No Function R

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Error: File crti.o/crt1.o Not Found and No Function Renaming
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 12:43:53 +0200

<address@hidden>wrote:
> > Le samedi 21 septembre 2013 17:25:37 Cayce Pollard a écrit :
> > > That's good to know for future reference.  Thanks for the info.
> > > However, to verify the problem wasn't with the location, I created that
> > > directory structure (/project/arm-cc/sysroot/lib//) and copied libgcc.a

> > > that location.  Even after copying it to that location, tcc throws the
> >
> > same
> >
> > > error.
> >
> > You mean /project/arm-cc/sysroot/lib right? The double slash behave like
> > only
> > one slash. when calling tcc_add_file directly, this error is only shown
> > when
> > the open failed.
>
> Yup.  Exactly what I meant.
>
> > Good luck.
>
> Thanks.  I'll definitely need it.
>
> One quick clarification question:  Open is failing between tcc and libgcc.a
> or tcc and the object files?
> (I suspect you meant between tcc and libgcc.a but wanted to confirm)

Exactly. The only occurence of TCC_LIBGCC is in tccelf.c. It's a call to
tcc_add_file which is just a wrapper in tcc_add_file_internal. The only
display with file $foo not found is for #include and #include_next directive
(not the case here), then for tcc_add_crt (not the case here neither) and in
tcc_add_file_internal. It displays this when tcc_open returns a negative value
which it does only when the open system call returns a negative value. So for
some reason it doesn't manage to open that file. Try to use cat on it from the
sysroot directory to see if it's not a permission problem.

> > Thomas

Best regards,

Thomas