Re: [Tinycc-devel] inline functions

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] inline functions
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 11:33:38 +0800

Le mardi 10 décembre 2013, 14:59:03 Pierre a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> About TCC inline functions, the default storage class is extern, is it a
> choice ?

I didn't check the code yet but inline function are marked with VT_INLINE,
that is neither static nor extern. I guess somewhere there must be a check if
the storage is static or not and since it is inline it behave as if extern.

> Normally an inline must be locally defined ?

Makes sense.

> In my code I have several c sources sharing a .h where an inline
> function code is declared.
> Then at link it produce an error (error: 'func' defined twice").
>
> Could it be a good idea to define default inline storage class as static
> in TCC ?
>
> then
> inline proc => static
> static inline => static
> extern inline => extern , export symbol

I'll take a look at it later if nobody beats me to it. There is another bug I
want to fix first and then I might have time.

> Thanks
> Pierre

Best regards,

Thomas