[Tinycc-devel] Unable to link a binary on OS X

From: Kevin Ingwersen
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Unable to link a binary on OS X
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 10:10:41 +0100

Hey there.

Another issue I’d like to report is, that TCC seems to be unable to link on OS
X. I belive its because Mac doesnt quite use ELF, as far as I know. At least,
that is what somebody said about objcopy.

address@hidden ~/Downloads/tcc-0.9.26/examples $ tcc -c ex2.c -o ex
In file included from ex2.c:1:
In file included from /usr/include/stdlib.h:63:
In file included from /usr/include/_types.h:27:
In file included from /usr/include/sys/_types.h:32:
/usr/include/sys/cdefs.h:81: warning: #warning "Unsupported compiler detected"

address@hidden ~/Downloads/tcc-0.9.26/examples $ tcc ex -o ex.bin
/usr/lib/crt1.o:1: error: unrecognized file type
tcc: error: file 'crt1.o' not found
tcc: error: file 'crti.o' not found
ex:1: error: unrecognized character \x7f˝

I belive its because crt1.o was made by clang, not by tcc - and therefore isn’t
an ELF.
However, file does indeed recognize the binary:

address@hidden ~/Downloads/tcc-0.9.26/examples $ file ex
ex: ELF 64-bit LSB relocatable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped

Kind regards, Ingwie