Re: [Tinycc-devel] linking tinycc

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] linking tinycc
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2014 20:55:28 +0800

Le samedi 4 janvier 2014, 11:42:45 Daniel Glöckner a écrit :

> As for rewriting that file, I think Thomas is doing a good job at
> achieving that. Of the 2101 lines in that file git blame marks 525
> lines as having been modified by him.

Mostly because I added some line I suppose. Also there must be some simple
changes counted in it like lines moved or spacing. This file is still mostly
your work and I have no intention to rewrite your code anyway. I don't like
this kind of games neither ;) Besides, since it's a backend, it means tcc
could be BSD on x86 which is probably where most of users are.

> > Do you see other possible solution, what do you advice?
>
> Another possibility is that I might change my mind in the future.

Very well. I understand your opinion. Although I prefer the (L)GPL in spirit
for keeping contribution free, I understand the change to BSD and agree to it
as tcc itself remains free. Also, I wouldn't agree so easily if we were
talking about gcc instead of tcc :-)

Farewell and happy new year.

Thomasl