Re: [Tinycc-devel] Why memcpy is imported ?

From: Jens Nyberg
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Why memcpy is imported ?
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 15:27:42 +0100

Den 21 feb 2014 14:47 skrev "Carlos Montiers" <address@hidden>:

> Thanks.
> Is possible pass the value of the structure without call to mempcy?

No, if you think about it a structure is like a tiny buffer. The only way to copy that is by using memcpy. This is why memcpy and memset needs be implemented by the compiler. I also dislike this but there is not much you can do about it because it is part of the C standard to be able to copy structs like that.