Re: [Tinycc-devel] Tinycc without globals first try

From: Thomas Preudhomme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Tinycc without globals first try
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 22:04:53 +0800

Le 2014-03-23 08:28, Domingo Alvarez Duarte a écrit :
Hello !

Ive been refactoring tinycc to remove global variables and work only
with TCCState after several attempts I finaly got it on a initial
working state using netbeans to do most of the refactoring work.

Great.

Testing it on a nexus five running Ubuntu 13.10 with "make test" all
tests pass

On Ubuntu 12.04 X86_64 the tcctest.c segfault the with "make test -i"
then others seem to passs

Is it related to the label problem you reported later?

I hosted on https://github.com/mingodad/tinycc [1] it is a big patch
because it adds TCCState parameter to most of the functions.

Have you looked how the performance of tcc is impacted? the test3 that makes tcc run tcc run tcc run tcc run tcctest.c would be a good start for a benchmark.

I hope it can be accepted to be incorparated to the main the official
repository after it stabilize, any help/sugestion are welcome.

If it doesn't degrade tcc's performance significantly why not. But please let's wait the release of tcc 0.9.27. By the way, help is welcome to finalize the 0.9.27 release. Also make sure there is no regression. I can test on arm if you want.

Thanks in advance for your time and attention !

Thanks for your work.

Best regards,

Thomas