Re: [Tinycc-devel] improving get_tok_str

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] improving get_tok_str
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2014 19:02:24 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Sat, 29 Mar 2014, Domingo Alvarez Duarte wrote:

It's not better to have two different functions/entry points, one for when
we have/need a CValue and other without it ?

Yes, that could be reasonable. OTOH to avoid code duplication the one without taking a CValue would be internally calling the one with a CValue (passing it a local faked one). (Or alternatively both would call an internal helper that expects one) And at that point I don't see much value in enlarging the API more, seeing a "NULL" in place of the CValue is equally clear to me like seeing a "_nocval" suffix on the function call name, but that's just IMHO.

Ciao,
Michael.