Re: [Tinycc-devel] improving get_tok_str

From: Thomas Preudhomme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] improving get_tok_str
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 11:15:47 +0800

Le 2014-03-30 03:20, mobi phil a écrit :

What is missing is few lines more of comments. As with any code base
once

you know it any piece of documentation becomes superfluous, but for
newcomers
the amount of comments will clearly decide the "should I stay or
should I go" ;)

While I agree more comment would be nice (and also more documentation) I do have quite some fun working on tcc because its size is reasonnable. Also it touches more than compilation: linking and parts of dynamic linking (tcc -run) and a bit of assembler (not my favourite part) so it's nice to learn things.

I think people who have bit more insight into the architecture of tcc,
could
write valuable comments especially around core types and their fields
and key
functions.

Since a few months I've been trying to add comments when I modify something. See gfunc_call as of 0.9.26 for instance and now. However there is still some place where I'm not sure of all the lines so I prefer not to put a comment that are wrong (it's worse than no comment).

Best regards,

Thomas