[Tinycc-devel] x86_64: shared libs

From: Michael Matz
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] x86_64: shared libs
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 05:54:12 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I just pushed some things [1] to mob that make shared libs on x86-64 linux sort of working (well, in my little tests). It's not 100% conformant to the ABI yet, but hey, its late here :) i386 could now use some cleanups as well (so that it really generates PIC code, not that unsharing text-reloc containing code it currently emits). I have checked x86-64 (no testsuite bugs) and i386 (no _additional_ testsuite bugs), but not ARM. I tried to not change the latter, although it also contains dubious code (OTOH it currently doesn't support generated shared libs at all, so ...), but I might have unintentionally broken stuff.

I had to extend struct sym_attr to contain a full plt_offset, not just a flag, it's really required. Shouldn't be too bad as it's created only for symbols that really take part in dynamic linking.

Testing appreciated (hi Arnold :) ).

Ciao,
Michael.
[1] http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/080ad7e6