Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc i386 test failures after commit ea2805f

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tcc i386 test failures after commit ea2805f
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 01:57:52 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Thu, 3 Apr 2014, Domingo Alvarez Duarte wrote:

I propose to remove bounds check from tests/build till we have a good
solution/implementation to it.

Why should we?  The checks are for features that are supposed to work.
They did work once. They don't anymore. That's a regression. And the regression didn't happen because the testcase is invalid. So, I've probably broken something.

Testcases can be disabled if there are known reasons why they currently can't possbily work. This is not one of the situations, the fails needs to be investigated first.

Ramsay, thanks for the report, if nobody beats me, I'll look at details later the week. Probably something with how calls to internal functions are emitted.

Ciao,
Michael.