Re: [Tinycc-devel] x86_64: shared libs

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] x86_64: shared libs
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 02:14:01 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Fri, 4 Apr 2014, Michael Matz wrote:

Yes, that's something on my TODO. Theoretically having runtime_plt_and_got makes code emission a tiny bit faster because having a proper PLT and GOT also for -run means first creating and second applying intermediate relocations (the _GLOB_DAT and _JUMP_SLOT relocs), which is cut short with the hack. OTOH removing the hack would remove deviation depending on output type, so I think it's a good idea nevertheless.

Done now. For x86_64 and ARM, where the latter required me to extend the current relocation support to some more cases. To test the latter I used gawk and mpfr, for which I had to add alloca support to ARM. So I'm reasonably sure that my changes don't cause regressions, but from reading the code there's still potential to fix more things (and of course to implement ARM shared libs). One of those days ...

Ciao,
Michael.