Re: [Tinycc-devel] Compiling tcc for use in a static environment

From: u-tcc-uepj
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Compiling tcc for use in a static environment
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 17:05:41 +0200

Hi Steve,

On Tue, Apr 08, 2014 at 04:17:09PM +0100, Steve Kemp wrote:
>   For example this link:
>     http://pts-mini-gpl.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/pts-tcc/

>   At this point I'm taking a step back and asking if there
>  are any existing recipes for building a static compiler
>  that can be used in a static-only environment (with no ldd
>  or linker present).

Yes I did adjust pts-tcc to the then current uclibc in September 2011.
Unfortunately my recipe is very specific for my compile environment
and also the corresponding patches are for a quite old uclibc
version. I do not have time to clean up the data, nor is it
suitable for publishing unchanged. Sorry.

If you have a good usage case you can describe it and try to motivate
me for the cleaning effort but the probability is low.

(I think the licenses prohibit me from handing over the binary
without the patches, even if you against all odds would wish it)

Anyway, I can confirm that the solution is workable.
Not that I had any use for it :)

A corresponding thing made of the not-yet-existing bsd-licensed tcc
lookalike and musl would be possibly more useful, without the license
headache (otherwise you taint all binaries which you produce with lgpl
afaics).

Regards,
Rune