Re: [Tinycc-devel] State of the tcc project

From: Michael Matz
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] State of the tcc project
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 12:14:18 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Sun, 22 Jun 2014, David Mertens wrote:

Sorry, I decided to give more than 20 hours for folks to weigh in, and then
time got away from me. I'll revert jiang's changes with a push some time
around June 23 (tomorrow), 9:00PM New York time.

By the way, if the instructions at http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git are
supposed to be the community rules, jiang was not really breaking any. We
should probably work with a different approach. I suggest that individuals
who have ideas should do the following:

1) Discuss bug reports or feature requests on the mailing list.
2) If individuals on the mailing list agree that the idea is a good one, the
individual should publish their work on a public git hosting site and submit
a pull request on the mailing list.
3) After somebody with commit access has checked it out, they can pull it
into the official release branch.

That would mean closing the mob branch (otherwise everybody has commit access :) ).

FWIW, I'd have never touched the x86-64 backend in TCC at all if it weren't for mob. I think overall the mob branch worked reasonably well until recently, and I'd hate to see it thrown out because of people having a different notion of reasonable behaviour :-/

Unfortunately I have no good alternative suggestion, though :-(

Ciao,
Michael.