[Tinycc-devel] Status of my involvment in TinyCC

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Status of my involvment in TinyCC
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 23:06:35 +0800

Hi there,

I know this title sounds a bit egocentric but I thought some people might
wonder why I am not very present here since a few months. The reason is that I
recently joined a new company and they have a procedure to follow to be
authorized to participate to outside projects. It shouldn't be a problem in my
case but many busy persons are involved in the procedure and being in different
time zone doesn't help. I also had difficult time to follow the new pace of
this
mailing list.

However be sure that I am still interested in tcc development and I will try
to come back progressively into the discussion. I'll be travelling until july
so expect a few more weeks without any intervention from me. I'll try to
follow more closely patches for now and give comments on them.

My objective is that after I return from travelling I commit to give an answer
about a patch within 7 days (I prefer not to commit too much instead of
promising better and not be true to my words). As a consequence I suggest new
comers to systematically post a patch for review and wait for a review before
proceeding forward.

When sending a patch, please take the time to explain the reason for the patch
(what are you trying to fix/improve) and the overall logic of the patch. If you
feel your english level is too low, try to find someone to help you review the
text as having difficulty to read a message doesn't motivate to read the code.
acknowledge that for some people english is very different from their native
language but unfortunately the only language all the tcc developer read and
write is english. I'd personnaly could read french but that wouldn't help many
people and others could not read the message.

Best regards,

Thomas