Re: [Tinycc-devel] A few omissions from the docs

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] A few omissions from the docs
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 22:37:13 +0800

Le mercredi 18 juin 2014, 10:37:20 Wendell P a écrit :
> I found a few things missing from the documentation.
>
> 1. In addition to -vv, there is also -vvv, which behaves a little
> differently.

Right. I cannot commit now, would you be willing to make a patch for this?

> 2. The -E switch to preprocess only. I'm not sure, but -xc also seems to
> be recognized.

I don't understand what is the problem you states here. -E is mentioned in
tcc's help. -xc is just -x -c where -x is ignored and -c ask for compilation
only (no linkage).

> 3. In the file tcc-win32.txt, the syntax given for windres is
>
> windres -O coff app.rc -o appres.o
>
> but that leaves out a necessary preprocessor command, so it should be
>
> windres --preprocessor "tcc -E" -O coff app.rc -o appres.o

I cannot comment on this, I really don't know anything about Windows. I should
try to learn someday I know…

Best regards,

Thomas