Re: [Tinycc-devel] Request push

From: jiang
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Request push
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 20:54:36 +0800

I have other patches, but their ideas are not very mature, and later pushed to give you.

jiang
于 2014年06月29日 16:56, Thomas Preud'homme 写道:
Le dimanche 29 juin 2014, 12:32:57 大熊猫 a écrit :
Thank you Thomas, I hope you agree with my request.
Sure, as I said, provided that a testcase is added I'd be happy for you to
commit the patch.

I'll change it a warning message, and then add some tests, along with a push
up!
Great.

"Not follow GCC blindly."
I was too blind! I'm not very familiar with C99, but I think there is a lot
to learn from GCC place!
There are two reasons for that, the first is that GCC also has bugs and the
second is that sometimes GCC deviates from the standard, especially if you
don't specify -std=c99 of course. In this case, the correct behavior is defined
it section 6.10.3 in the definition of the function-like macro. It says that
it's a left parenthesis followed by an arbitrary number of identifier. Earlier
in the document (section 6.4.2.1) an identifier is defined and it cannot contain
any parenthesis, only digit, letters from in the range a-zA-Z, underscore
('_') and universal character (basically non ascii character with no ambiguity
with any of those used in the language).

jiang

  > I'll push a patch.
Please post the result before and I'll happily give you green light.

Eventually, after a certain number of good patches you will be welcome to
commit directly.

Best regards,

Thomas