Re: [Tinycc-devel] Problem using alloca

From: Carlos Montiers
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Problem using alloca
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 10:20:12 -0400

Yes. Please. You can tell me the steps for be able of send commits ?

Carlos.

Le lundi 30 juin 2014 13:20:05, vous avez écrit :
> I think is a bug of tiny c.
> I use the tiny c for x86.
> The problem is that the stack overflow exception that generates alloca, is
> not catched with the function passed to SetUnhandledExceptionFilter. This
> only happen with the executable created with tiny c. When I compile the
> executable with mingw. The exception is catched ok.
>
> I imitate the behavior with malloc, if the allocation fails, I set the
> pointer to NULL.
> I use MAX_INT intentionally for provocate the exception.

Ok, sorry I didn't understand this was made on purpose. When you report a bug,
it's a good idea to give the expected result with the testcase.

About the bug in itself I'm not familiar with Windows so do you know how to
generate such an exception? If yes I can guide you as to where modify tcc's
code and you could make your first commit to tcc :) How does that sound?

Best regards,

Thomas