Re: [Tinycc-devel] two fixes (was: Cannot code on TinyCC for now)

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] two fixes (was: Cannot code on TinyCC for now)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 22:39:03 +0800

Le mardi 23 septembre 2014, 12:37:24 grischka a écrit :
> Thomas Preud'homme wrote:
> > Grischka: it would be nice to have a release now (Debian is freezing soon)
> > after the issue I'm discussing with Michael is sorted out. I would have
> > liked to have the two fixes Jiang is working on but he didn't reply in
> > some time.
> I fixed one:
> http://repo.or.cz/w/tinycc.git/commitdiff/9d7fb3336049243a16ce20ba907946d1de
> 9e1c0d

Wow, so short change. I'm not sure I understand. It seems before the
destination would have lost its bitfield (since the gv_dup is done after). But
you also changed gv_dup + vswap + vrott into vdup, is that just an improvement
unrelated to the bug or it also matters?

I feel quite ashamed with all the review I gave Jiang about this to not have
seen a simpler solution. It doesn't seem I'm close to increase the bus factor…

> What was the other?  (Anyway I'd leave it for someone else to try.)

http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/tinycc-devel/2014-08/msg00051.html

It's another instance of being able to redefined something in a local context.
As suggested, I think this should be fixed more globally in sym_push2.

> --- grischka

Cheers,

Thomas