Re: [Tinycc-devel] How to use char "\"

From: Evan Langlois
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] How to use char "\"
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 12:36:38 -0500

Jefsey,

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Jefsey <address@hidden> wrote:
Thank you all. The problem the I have is that I am quite rusty at my C and TCC is new to me :-) 1. First thing is that I use "tcc xxxx.c" and I do not know how to get more than one kind of error at a time? Is there a way to have all the compilation errors one shot in a file ?

tcc file.c >output.txt

or maybe you want to read it

tcc file.c | tee output.txt | less

2. the "\\" for "\" seems to work (does not report error. "\." now complain, but not if I enter '.', as if \ was only an escape for \ except when followed by n as in \n.

Uhmm ... and what escape is \. supposed to be?  You are confusing C escapes with regular expressions I think.

3. The error I am reported now is that "isascii" us an unknopwn symbol.

Did you include <ctype.h> ??
Check out :
    man isascii

Test your code with gcc please.  If it compiles under gcc and then fails under tcc, then this is the proper list.  If it won't compile under gcc, then perhaps stackoverflow would be a better place for help.