[Tinycc-devel] RE : CFront for TinyCC? (Was: Re: Re: global 64-bit varia

From: Christian JULLIEN
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] RE : CFront for TinyCC? (Was: Re: Re: global 64-bit variables initialization)
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 09:17:39 +0100 (CET)

Having the rights to use CFRONT 3.0.3 is far from clear.
For common usages, CFRONT 3.0.3 is close to 'modern C++' and it's easy to download the latest source code from http://www.softwarepreservation.org/projects/c_plus_plus.
With probably little efforts, we could have this front end working well with tcc.
Except mentions to AT&T Copyrights in source code:

Copyright (c) 1993  UNIX System Laboratories, Inc.
Copyright (c) 1991, 1992 AT&T and UNIX System Laboratories, Inc.
Copyright (c) 1984, 1989, 1990 AT&T.  All Rights Reserved.

THIS IS UNPUBLISHED PROPRIETARY SOURCE CODE of AT&T and UNIX System
Laboratories, Inc.  The copyright notice above does not evidence
any actual or intended publication of such source code.

There is no information about the rights to use this material.
On softwarepreservation download page we can read:

NOTICE

The source code in this section is posted with the permission of the copyright owner for historical research purposes only.

If put efforts to have a tcc backend for CFRONT, we should only supply Makefile and .patch for AT&T source file with a similar notice:

"tcc backend support for AT&T CFRONT is provided for historical research purpose only."